ADSM-L

Re: Scheduling via Control-M

1999-03-10 08:29:40
Subject: Re: Scheduling via Control-M
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:29:40 -0500
We use Platinum Autosys for our AIX scheduling and use it for all ADSM work
(client backups and admin commands).  With version 2 of ADSM, I had a rexx
script that did the backup stgpool, then did a query actlog every few
minutes (I think it was 5 minutes) to make sure both processes (I used
maxpr=2 also) ended successfully.  When version 3 came along, I trashed all
that code and used the wait=yes option.  Only later did I find out that I
lost the ability to start multiple processes, and I'd made other
improvements to the script and didn't want to go back.  I'll probably have
to do that at some point though.

Anyway, if you want my script email me personally and I'll send it to you.

Tina Hilton
hiltont AT tce DOT com