ADSM-L

Re: Where is my SQL backup ??

1999-03-09 13:17:07
Subject: Re: Where is my SQL backup ??
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:17:07 -0500
Steve,

I am still not convinced that the backups
are "succeeding".  When you say the
"SQL log" says that the backup was successful
are you referring to the SQL Agent log or the
SQL Server Log?   The fact that the
"manual" backups are working indicates
that maybe your schedule may be set up wrong...
...or maybe using different parameters than you
think it is using...
Double-check the scheduled event to make sure
it is using the correct dsm.opt file and
the nodename, comm parameters, etc.

Also, the SQL Agent 1.1.1 (PTF IP21419) added
ADSM V3 Server activity logging for SQL Agent backups.
This will let you see the actual start and end
of each DB backup.

After doing that, if things still don't make sense,
please call IBM service.  It will enable us
to get the proper files and traces needed
to diagnose this in the quickest possible fashion.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler