ADSM-L

Re: Slow backup part 2

1999-03-09 09:32:50
Subject: Re: Slow backup part 2
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:32:50 -0600
I believe that Richard is correct. Because of ADSM's granularity it is
especially vunerable in these sorts of situation.
I remember once seeing a directory filled with thousand of trace files only
24Mb in total size which took 24hrs to backup with ADSM.
Yes I did have txnbytelimit, txngroupmax and the movebatch parameters all
set correctly.

I did exactly what Richard indicated. I excluded the files.

A backup system such as legato would move much faster since it sees it
treats it as an image,but then you loose all the granularity.

Nathan