ADSM-L

Re: Slow backup part 2

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: Re: Slow backup part 2
From: Prather, Wanda
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Sorry, but the trace doesn't mean anything to me.

However, sometimes doing some non-ADSM I/O to the file system can give you
good idea of whether your problem is in ADSM, or in the file system itself.

My question would be whether other file operations experience a slowdown?
If you do a DIR, does it take longer on this machine that it does on your
others?
If you can't navigate the file tree quickly via Windows commands, you can
be
pretty sure ADSM will have trouble, as well.

If this is a single Clariion disk, e.g. a real physical disk, my next
suggestion would be to run SCANDISK.  If this is a Clarrion RAID array,
have
you checked the Clariion box itself to make sure you aren't running in
backup mode?  (Our Clariion will run on parity with degraded performance if
a single disk of the array is actually down...)