ADSM-L

Tape Capacity Question.

1999-03-08 16:56:45
Subject: Tape Capacity Question.
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:56:45 -0500
Hello all,
I have a question regarding tape capacity. I am using Sony AIT drives with
compression enabled. They are suppose to be able to hold 25gb uncompressed,
50gb compressed (with a 2 to 1 ratio). I have compression turned on all the
client backups. In the administrative display of volumes, ADSM always lists
capacity of a full tape between 20-25gb of data, never over 25gb. Does this
have something to do with ADSM compressing the client data? I kinda remember
reading something about that I think but I don't remember where. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.