ADSM-L

SMS and Registry Errors

1999-03-08 13:45:44
Subject: SMS and Registry Errors
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:45:44 -0600
One of my customers is apparently installing(?) SMS and is having some
problems with the registry being corrupted (see note below).  Has anybody
else seen this problem or have any suggestions as to whether or not ADSM
executing from the startup file might be causing this?  I've been running
through the ADSM-L archives, but it's slow going.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

As you all know, we have had many of our SMS test clients experience Registry
corruptions. One thing that I suspect may be conflicting and causing this
error is ADSM launching at the same time as SMS. To try and isolate this
problem, I have been removing ADSM from the Startup folder and placing on the
desktop and asking users to manually start their back ups for a period of one
week. Hopefully this trial period will help me isolate the problem. If any of
you are working with complains of the registry corruption problem, please
note if they are running ADSM from the startup.