ADSM-L

I: Slow backup due to large amount of files???

1999-03-08 13:47:26
Subject: I: Slow backup due to large amount of files???
From: Rick Smith <richard.smith.hs45 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:47:26 -0600
Sean,

I have seen poor performance with many small files, but none as poor as
what your seeing... Have you looked at the TXNbytelimit (client), and
TXNGroupmax (Server) parameters??

From: O1=INET00/C=US/A=IBMX400/P=STATEFARM/DD.RFC-822=ADSM-L\@VM.MARIST.EDU
on 03/08/99 12:30:40 PM
To:   ADSM-L
cc:
Subject:  Slow backup due to large amount of files???

All,

We have a node that has approximately 600,000 to 700,000 files on it and
are
receiving extremely poor backup performance.  Is there anyone out there who
 has
experienced this or is experiencing this now?  If it is past tense,  any
ideas
on how to resolve this?  We do not see this problem on any other client in
the
building.  I would be interested to hear other people's performance vs. our
 own.
On this one node, we had backed up just over 1 Gb in 24 hours.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Sean Stecker
stecker.sean AT orbital-lsg DOT com