ADSM-L

PCT Migrate

1999-03-08 13:21:22
Subject: PCT Migrate
From: Clint Placette <Clint.Placette AT FDC-INVEST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:21:22 -0500
Has any one seen this before.

I have some concerns about a stat. in the Sequentail Access ADSM
storage pool.  When I query the storage pool either through the
command line or the Webb shell (q stgpool) I see that my onsite tape
pool shows a migration percentage.  This percentage is slowly
increasing (currently 52%).  Since this is the last primary pool in
the chain there is no reason to be migrating.

Storage Pool type = primary
Device Class Type = TAPE3570
High Mig. Pct = 90
Low Mig Pct = 70
Next Storage Poll = none or -
Reclamation Threshold = 100
Collocate = yes

I assume that the high-low settings are disregarded.  To amuse myself
I did drop them down to see if I could get a rise out of ADSM, nothing
happen, Da!

I bow down to the ADSM wizards out there to guide me through my
ignorance.

ADSM Server AIX RS6000 ver 3.1.2.1
Tape Library Magstar MP L12