ADSM-L

Re: Problem restoring a volume

1999-03-08 12:37:05
Subject: Re: Problem restoring a volume
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:37:05 -0500
If you did issue the restore vol command for this volume, then that volume
shouldn't be in the database anymore.  If that volume does still exist, then
the restore must not have been completely successful.  Try it again and see
what it says.  It should initially change the volume to 'destroyed', then
delete it once all the data is restored to another primary volume.  That's
what happened in my recent restore volume experiences anyway.

If you do a delete vol on a primary volume, then all the backups/archives
that were on that volume (even if they're also in a copy stgpool) are
deleted from the database and you will not be able to issue a
restore/retrieve to get them back.

Tina