ADSM-L

Re: Problem restoring a volume

1999-03-08 12:26:53
Subject: Re: Problem restoring a volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:26:53 -0500
>        Am I correct - 'del vol xxxxxx discard=yes' will remove all database
>entries on these files?  Including those in the copy pools?

Yes, in the sense that deleting a primary storage pool copy of a file also
causes any copy storage pool copies to be deleted (a form of instant
expiration of data, as the primary copy forms the root of the database entry).

>        Is there anything else that I can try/do in order to recover this
>data from the copy storage pools if this is case?

If you recovered the volume from the Copy Storage pool and (still) encounter
bitfile error messages, you are likely running into an ADSM defect.  Consider
bringing your server up to the current available software level, and if
problems continue, report through the IBM Support Center.

     Richard Sims, BU