ADSM-L

Re: your mail

1999-03-07 15:01:13
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:01:13 -0500
> Any recommendations on performance  tuning in regards to TXNBYTELIMIT (in the
> client opt file) and/or TXNGROUPMAX (dsmserv.opt)
> in running a Netware 4.1 client. This client is about 50G and Im about to run
> its first backup on ADSM v3.1.2.0 (under AIX 4.3).
> Yes it has MANY small files (as a file server). As other clients I plant to
> run
> the first copy directly to tape and later switch the mgmtclass to
> disk.

Don't go directly to tape via a management class, as changing it will
cause all of the files to be rebound, which will take a long time.  Go
directly to tape by running this during a period of client inactivity, and
setting the maxsize on the disk storage pool to 1 (upd stg diskpool
maxsize=1).

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,