ADSM-L

Re: unix dsmc delete archive -desc=blah ...

1999-03-04 10:07:35
Subject: Re: unix dsmc delete archive -desc=blah ...
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:07:35 -0500
Dwight,

I haven't noticed that particular behavior, but I have noticed that Archive
seems to have undergone some significant design change.  It has affected us
adversely.  It seems that if you do a dsmc archive of a file, followed by a
dsmc delete archive of the same file, you can end up with the directory
container remaining archived.  In V3, when you archive a file, the
containing directory is archived along with it.  This did not happen in V2.

..Paul