ADSM-L

Multiple drive types in a library??

1999-03-03 14:42:25
Subject: Multiple drive types in a library??
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:42:25 -0500
I'm confused (not an abnormal state of events :-)

I see how I can define multple device classes for the same library, in the
event that there are multiple device types in the library -- but how do I
indicate which drives belong to a particular device class? Especially if
they're really the *same* drive type, and I'm just working around a
recording format problem?

I'm about to go from ADSM V2 to ADSM V3. I have an STK 9710 ATL with Quantum
DLT-7000 drives, and am currently running the Open Microsystems 'Enhanced'
ADSM server to work with STK ACSLS. It seems that the OMI drivers for these
drives did not record in the same manner as the ADSM drivers, so I'll get to
change the device class from 'DLT' to 'ECART' for my existing data.

I want to move the data to drives defined as device type 'DLT'; these are
the same physical drives in the same library - so how do I tell ADSM which
device class or device type they belong to?

TIA

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst

NIBCO, Inc