ADSM-L

Re: Client for HP-UX 10.10

1999-03-03 13:40:42
Subject: Re: Client for HP-UX 10.10
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:40:42 -0800
Hello,

The HP-UX client is supported only on HP-UX 10.20 and HP-UX 11.0.
There are two separate PTFs for this, one for 10.20 and the other
for 11.0.

The best place to find out specifically what we support is on the
web page. If you obtained it from where I think you found it, you
were on a page that has a three-column table. The left-most column
has the OS name in it, the middle column has the ADSM V2 PTFs, and
the third column has the ADSM V3 PTFs. If you click on the name of
the OS in the left column, it will take you to a page listing the
requirements for the client.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

The IBM Web pages for ADSM include downloadable client software. I
downloaded
the Version 3 client list for 'HP-UX 10' on the Web page. I have installed
it
successfully on several HP-UX 10.20 systems. I just tried to install it on
an
HP-UX 10.10 system for the first time. The installation failed with the
following message:

ERROR:   Could not apply the software selection "IBMADSM" because there
         are no product variations that are compatible with the
         destination host(s).  To select incompatible software, specify
         the "-x allow_incompatible=true" option on the command line.

Should I specify the 'allow_incompatible' option? Do I need a different
version of the client, even though the Web page said 'HP-UX 10', not 'HP-UX
10.20'?