ADSM-L

ADSM SERVER 3.1.2.1 and Windows NT 3.51 : Tape device detection

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: ADSM SERVER 3.1.2.1 and Windows NT 3.51 : Tape device detection
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All,

I am working with ADSM on aix since 2 years and I am trying now
to test an NT solution to do local backup.

The device is a Compaq Autoloader 6 cassette DDS3 12/24
+ one internal 12/24 4 mm ... all in scsi

The server is a Proliant 3000 just installed.

First,
all this material are NOT recognise by Nt 3.51 backup program

By running the adsm scsi and device wizard, Adsm find all this material,
but when I try to configure them (define libr, define drive) I have
an I/O error when trying to access the device ...

The autoloader and the 4mm are on the scsi controle and have respectively
address 4 and 6.

Any idea, comment, experience on this are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
This email transmission and any files that accompany it may
contain sensitive information belonging to the sender. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email transmission in error, please
immediately notify the Security Administrator.
Security.Administrator AT dowcorning DOT com