ADSM-L

WG: Upgrade v2 -> v3

1999-03-03 11:07:53
Subject: WG: Upgrade v2 -> v3
From: Andreas Rensch <RenschA AT ALTE-LEIPZIGER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 17:07:53 +0100
Hi, that's the way,we made it ...

Use the DSMSERV DUMPDB job (Version 1) or the BACKUP DB command (Version
2) to dump the contents of the server database to tape. The following is
an example of the Version 2 command: backup db devclass=cartridge
scratch=yes BACKUP DB DEV=DBSAVFUL_TAPE TYPE=FULL SCRATCH=YES

Store the output volumes in a safe location. You will need these volumes
if you want to return to the previous server after you have installed
the Version 3 server.

Install the ADSM for MVS Version 3 program product. Use the ADSM for MVS
Program Directory.

Update your current server options file if necessary. Refer to ADSM
Administrator's Reference to review the options available with Version
3. (SYS2.SMSAL00.PARMLIB(ADSxAL10))

Change the REGION parameter on the JCL that is used to start the ADSM
server. The recommended region size is 128MB (for example, REGION=128M).

Include an IMAGES DD statement for the World Wide Web administrative
client image files in the ANRSTART (SYS2.MVS.PROCLIB(SYSADSx)) job. For
example, //IMAGES     DD   DSN=ADSM.SANRIMG(ADSMSERV),DISP=SHR

Upgrade your database to the Version 3 level. Specify the UPGRADEDB
parameter in the EXEC statement of the ADSM server startup up job
ANRSTART. For example, //SERVER  EXEC
PGM=DSMSERV,DYNAMNBR=300,PARM='/UPGRADEDB'

Start the server by submitting the ADSM server startup job with the
UPGRADEDB paramerter.

After the upgrade is complete, stop the server using the HALT command:
jobname,halt halt

Remove PARM='/UPGRADEDB' from the EXEC statement of the ADSM server
startup job. The upgrade must be done only once

To use the World Wide Web interface administrative client, the server
must be initialized to recognize the WWW administrative client. Execute
the modified ANRIDL job (ANRIDL is found in #SMS.ADSM.CNTL(ANRIDLx)).
See Figure 8 for an example of an ANRIDL job. Startmember : SYSADSxI
(für Initialize)

After IDL initialization completes, the server will terminate.

Note:You must specify either HTTPTCPPort or HTTPICSPort in the server
options file, ADSM.ANRSERV.OPTIONS (SYS2.SMSAL00.PARMLIB(ADSxAL10)), to
use the Web interface. Refer to ADSM Administrator's Reference,
"Configuring the Server for Web Access with IBM TCP/IP", and
"Configuring the Server for Web Access with Interlink TCPaccess".

andreas rensch
rz-qs / 3692

andreas rensch
rz-qs / 3692