ADSM-L

DIRMC on digital unix

1999-03-02 15:06:39
Subject: DIRMC on digital unix
From: Robert Jarry <jarry AT UTS.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:06:39 -0600
I have some digital unix clients that are running advfs and are in a
domain that has two management classes. All the files are going to the
default management class but the directories are going to the management
class with the longest retention period. I've tried coding DIRMC pointing
to the default management class and that works. However, I don't
understand why the directiories are being written to secondary storage in
the first place.  Why aren't they just written to the data base for the
digital unix clients?

Thanks in advance for any insights on this,

        -Robert

Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Unix Services                            phone:  (512) 475-9330
Academic Computing & IT Services
The University of Texas at Austin