ADSM-L

Re: ADSM MVS Server Error

1999-03-02 13:10:36
Subject: Re: ADSM MVS Server Error
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:10:36 -0500
Just from the error message, the database has a problem.  It's not the tapes.
My guess is that you've run out of space in your DB, and that you need to
allocate more.

Try QUERY DB and QUERY LOG to see how much space you're using in your database
and recovery log files.  You can use QUERY DBVOL F=D and QUERY LOGVOL F=D to
see how that space is divided up among your disk volumes.  If I'm right, then
you'll have to format some new space and use DEFINE DBVOL and DEFINE DBCOPY
to add that space to the DB.  There are instructions in the Admin Guide on
the process.

(You _are_ mirroring your DB and recovery logs, right?)

Rich

At 11:48 AM 3/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I am running ADSM Server 3.1.2.1 on MVS.
>Need some help badly on an error we are getting no matter what function we
try.

> ANR0102E ASALLOC(3936): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments".
>
>I have run ADUIT Volume on all volumes that get listed as being in error,
which
>all run with Damaged files of 0.
>I have run an AUDIT DB which locked up after running 36 hours.
>We get the error in running a Backup, Migrate, Move Data, and Space Reclaim.
>Anyone out their seen this error and know how to fix it?
>I can not believe the poor support that I am getting from IBM on a SEV1
problem.
>Help! Help!
>Paul
>PDBrown AT Ashland DOT com

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY 14650-2203