ADSM-L

Backint problem

1999-03-02 07:29:47
Subject: Backint problem
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT MAIL.LVR DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:29:47 +0100
Hi ADSM'ers,

we've got ADSM V3R1 on MVS, the client is a AIX Ver.?, backint Version 2.3.5.0

Every day we do an archive of our SAP-platforms. We've got 8 platforms. We do
offline and online archives. The archives all run to different times. Sometimes
the archive is invoked with the following message:

BKI0018E: there is a problem with ADSM-Server 'adsm' :
'ANS4017E (RC-50)  Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure'BKI0017E: There
are no ADSM-Servers abailable.
BKI0016E: Not enough sessions available (2 required and 0 available).
BKI0120W: If you want 1 REDOLOGCOPIES on the ADSM-Servers used you schould give
me at least 1 different Archive Management Classes.

So far, so good. I think the message is real clear. ADSM need's 2 session and
there is no one available. But why? When I check my ADSM-Log I see, that at
this time are only 2 sessions are runnig. This sessions are from a different
node, so they can't be the reason for my problem.
At the util-file the MAX_SESSIONS are set to 2 and the SESSIONS are set to 2
too.

This error  happens on different volumes so I think, it's a general problem.
Sometimes the archive runs with no problems, sometimes it invokes.
Has anyone an idea?
Oh, before I forget it: At my Backint dokumentation I've only messages that
starts with BR and not with BK. Where can I find a message-guide for BK
messages?
I will be happy for any answer.
Thank's!

Mit freundlichem Gruß