ADSM-L

Formatting disk for adsm storage pool

1999-03-01 22:34:12
Subject: Formatting disk for adsm storage pool
From: Kunal Chakravorty <kunalc AT PRTH.GEOBANK.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:34:12 +0800
Hi Guys,

I want to create an adsm disk storage pool of 80 Gbyte in size. To create this
diskpool I need to format the disk by using command "dsmfmt". I tried to format
10 Gbyte of disk space at a time by using the above command. However, while I
am trying to do that am getting an error message, it says that "error in
formatting disk, Error no. = 27".

Could you please let me know,
1. Is there any limitation in formatting disk by using command "dsmfmt"?
2. What will be the best way/procedure in formatting disks for adsm?

Regards

Kunal

Kunal Chakravorty
Kunal Chakravorty
PGS Data Management
Perth, Australia
Ph. No. : 61 8 93209082
Fax No. : 61 8 93209090
E-mail : kunalc AT prth.geobank.pgs DOT com