ADSM-L

Re: More Questions on DR Without DRM

1999-03-01 12:16:42
Subject: Re: More Questions on DR Without DRM
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:16:42 -0600
     Hi Ginny,
     I also am an MVS person.  We have a homegrown tape management system
     on our mvs system.  The home grown system was modified to handle the
     adsm server we were running under mvs.  When we implemented an
     additional ADSM server on AIX I decided to use the mvs tape management
     system to handle the offsite processing of the aix tapes.  I use ftp
     to copy the volume history file to my mvs system, then use the adsm
     administrative client on my mvs system to do a query of the copypool
     tapes, redirecting the output to a data set.  I use this data for my
     mvs tape management system.  I'm not sure if you could do the same
     thing with RMM or CAs tape management systems.
     Jim Sporer