ADSM-L

Re: Why is MagStar so good -- it just is

1999-03-01 11:38:51
Subject: Re: Why is MagStar so good -- it just is
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:38:51 +0100
We have 3590 drives in a 3494 on AIX.  When the 3590 drives were stand-alone
(before we got the 3494), we had only a couple of tapes that went bad, and
one of those was bad when we first tried to use it.  Recently, we added
drives to the 3494 and nobody "taught" the library so it jammed tapes in the
new drives.  We lost 6 tapes before we figured out what was happening.
Other than that, they've been working fine for the past 2-1/2 years.

Tina