ADSM-L

Re: adsmpipe command support or tested with adsmV3 - need answer!!!!

1999-02-26 15:28:13
Subject: Re: adsmpipe command support or tested with adsmV3 - need answer!!!!
From: Bob Miller <CBRM AT ARGUSHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:28:13 -0600
Hello,

     It is my understanding that ADSMPIPE was never supported and was issued as
a "Use at your own Risk" utility.  We did have ADSMPIPE jobs that were running
under v2.1 that continued to work under v3.1 with no changes.  We have since
removed ADSMPIPE but only because IBM will not support or update it.  Our main
concern is that the regular ADSM utilities cannot display the files backed up by
ADSMPIPE.

-Bob-
>>> Madhu Gandhi <madhug AT PRODIGY DOT NET> 02/26/99 12:34PM >>>
>>> Madhu Gandhi <madhug AT PRODIGY DOT NET> 02/26/99 12:34PM >>>
Hi,
      I need to find out answers to 2 questions as fast as possible for my
DBA's....
     1.  Is ADSMPIPE command supported in adsm v3.1 ?
     2.  Is ADSMPIPE command tested in adsm v3.1 ?
     Thanks,

Madhu Gandhi
Prodigy Communications Corp
System Administrator