ADSM-L

Re: Mixing ADSM server platforms

1999-02-26 10:00:44
Subject: Re: Mixing ADSM server platforms
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:00:44 -0500
So, if I understand you correctly, I can restore a database backup on the
SAME platform type only.  To restore the database on a DIFFERENT platform
type, I have to export it from the original(EXPORT SERVER).  Am I correct so
far??

Now, once that is done, can the new platform read the original data tapes??

As I read the EXPORT SERVER, unless I do a FILEDATA=ACTIVE (or anything
besides none), I don't get any filesystem info.  But I don't WANT to extract
any DATA, since it's all on tapes already....  Stuck again.