ADSM-L

Re: Mixing ADSM server platforms

1999-02-26 09:41:30
Subject: Re: Mixing ADSM server platforms
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:41:30 -0500
>The question I'm looking for goes more to the issue of "Can I restore an
>ADSM database on an AIX machine when the original was on NT (or vice-versa),
>and then read the data tapes from the old platform on the new platform??"

No - ADSM does not allow you to move a server in that manner.  You have to
Export the server info and the node filespaces, then Import them on the
other server [architecture], which effects a reformatting of the info.
But certainly ADSM does allow you to move your server info in a logical
manner - you just can't do it in a physical manner.       Richard