ADSM-L

Mixing ADSM server platforms

1999-02-26 08:29:44
Subject: Mixing ADSM server platforms
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:29:44 -0500
I am currently running ADSM on a single AIX platform and am thinking about a
smaller second ADSM server to provide remote backup for the main server (it
would capture incremental db backups and copies of logs from
Informix/OnBar).  I know it could be an NT box, which would be cheaper, but
can I take the data tapes from one ADSM platform and read on a different
ADSM platform (hardware issues aside)??  I'm seeing that in a trip to our
hotsite, I would probably run 2 ADSM servers on one platform and I would
need to be able to read all the data there.

TIA.

J. Douglas Agnew
Database Administrator
Charlotte Pipe & Foundry