ADSM-L

Re: AIX Archive

1999-02-25 16:26:53
Subject: Re: AIX Archive
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:26:53 -0600
     Once again, I keep running into this "have to be at least file system
     specific" thing so I'd say if you (from a "dsmadmc" session) do a :
        q file nodename
     then for each file system listed add it to the objects...
        archive -subdir=yes /filesys1/  /filesys2/ /filesys3/ ...
     just use spaces between the file space specifications
     and you have to have the trailing / or it won't see it as a file
     system (proper specification)... we performed an upgrade (to the
     clients) and our server scheduled events missing the trailing / on the
     object file systems started failing... I believe this was with the
     3.1.5 unix clients (aix, sun, and solaris all I believe)

     later,
           Dwight