ADSM-L

Re: New NT Client

1999-02-25 16:20:41
Subject: Re: New NT Client
From: Jim Hunt <Jim_Hunt AT VENCOR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:20:41 -0500
You will have to create a service for the scheduler using dsmcutil. exp
dsmcutil inst /name:"ADSM Scheduler" /password:***
The other part I do is setup the enviroment varaibles
DSM_DIR
DSM_CONFIG

Here is what we have in our opt file this is alot of over kill but... The
last step is to start the 2 services. The one you made and ADSM Client
Acceptor for the web interface.

NODENAME   V3000xx
TCPCLIENTAddress    172.16.x.x
Domain         c: e:
SErvername     F2N19fe
TCPServeraddress    195.99.1.100
PREschedulecmd "now ADSM Backup in progress > c:\adsm\baclient\adsm.run"
POSTschedulecmd "sapbunot P01"

COMMmethod     TCPIP
TCPPort        1500
TXNBytelimit   25600
TCPBuffsize    32
TCPWindowsize  1024
TCPNodelay     YES
LARGECOMmbuffer     yes
SCHEDmode Prompted
SUbdir         Yes
TAPEPrompt     No
COMPression    No
httpport       1581
DATEformat 1
TIMEformat 4
Passwordaccess generate
ERRORlogretention 14 d
ERRORLOGname   c:\adsm\bin\dsmerror.log
SCHEDLOGRetention 14 d
LANGuage  AMENG
MAXCMDretries  3
Quiet
REPLACE   NO
commrestartduration 5
commrestartinterval 20
DIRMc          pt6year
Exclude "*:\macintosh volume\*"
Exclude "*:\macintosh volume\*.*"
Exclude "*:\macintosh volume\...\*"
Exclude "*:\macintosh volume\...\*.*"
Exclude "*:\microsoft uam volume\*"
Exclude "*:\microsoft uam volume\*.*"
Exclude "*:\microsoft uam volume\...\*"
Exclude "*:\microsoft uam volume\...\*.*"
Exclude "*:\...\EA DATA. SF"
Exclude *:\...\pagefile.sys
Exclude *:\IBMBIO.COM
Exclude *:\IBMDOS.COM
Exclude *:\MSDOS.SYS
Exclude *:\IO.SYS
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\*.*
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*

Mark Lemieux <mlemieux AT USMARINE DOT COM> on 02/25/99 03:23:57 PM