ADSM-L

Re: year 2000K compliance

1999-02-25 16:57:45
Subject: Re: year 2000K compliance
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:57:45 +1000
I think u may require SP4 to get NT4 to be y2k compliant.

OS/2 2.1 is not y2k compliant - I think you'll have to upgrade up to the
latest OS/2 Warp to get compliance.

But a question for those that are more in-tune with OS and y2k...

Assuming that PC's get their time from a RTC chip in the hardware, and I can
click the date to 1/1/2000 and the PC seems to work without a problem, what
am I actually looking for in regards to y2k problems? I know some OS are
more powerful and maybe have special needs as far as dates go - but
something like OS/2 (2.1) would not do much manipulation with the date
(would it), except maybe a "sort" command??

shane