ADSM-L

unix dsmc delete archive -desc=blah ...

1999-02-25 14:37:18
Subject: unix dsmc delete archive -desc=blah ...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:37:18 -0600
     Am I just having a bad hair day or what...

     Have others noticed (and is it fixed in the current aix client, I'm
     one, maybe two levels down currently) where everything has to be on a
     file system level...

     that is a :
        dsmc> delete archive -desc='blah' "/*/*"
     finds nothing...

     I have to do
        dsmc> delete archive -desc='blah' "/filesystem1/*/*"
        dsmc> delete archive -desc='blah' "/filesystem2/*/*"
        dsmc> delete archive -desc='blah' "/filesystem3/*/*"
        (insert another 196 lines)
        dsmc> delete archive -desc='blah' "/filesystem220/*/*"

     bad hair day I guess... and to top it off I was stopped on my way to
     work and given a "warning" ticket for excessive acceleration !  My
     tires never broke traction and I never exceeded the speed limit.  Now
     I did do 0-40 in under 2 seconds ;-) He even made the statement "I
     guess this car is FAST!"  I didn't have the heart to tell him actually
     it is rather slow... only 120 MPH top speed... it will get there in
     11.7 seconds within a 1/4 mile.
     Oh yea, ADSM... sorry, brain spasm.

     Dwight