ADSM-L

SQL Agent Questions

1999-02-24 08:51:34
Subject: SQL Agent Questions
From: Sharon Combs <swcombs AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:51:34 -0600
I'm using the SQL Connect Agent at the latest ptf level (1.1.1) and have a
question.  On a monthly basis, I do a full backup of the SQL server
directly from the agent.  This backup goes to tape (at the time of this
backup, the storage pool threshold values for the backuppool are set to
high=0 and low=0 to force migration to tape.)  During the rest of the month
I want to save the transaction logs of the SQL server to the backuppool on
disk (so I change the threshold values back to high=100 and low=80).  This
backup of the transaction logs is set up on a daily schedule and when it
runs, the backup always calls for a tape and I'm not sure why.  Is there
something different in the way the SQL Agent runs as compared to the
regular ADSM Backup-Archive client???  Does the SQL Agent require that if
the first entire server backup was done to tape that the remaining
transaction logs are also required to go to tape?  We want to be able to
take the first full backup of the month offsite and keep the changes (i.e.
the transaction logs) on disk.  What am I missing????