ADSM-L

Version 3.1.13 server abending

1999-02-23 15:25:38
Subject: Version 3.1.13 server abending
From: Jim Healy <jhealy AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:25:38 -0500
Can anyone assist me with getting an abending server to run. I've been
running version 3.1.13 on MVS without any problems until this morning when
it died with an soc4. I've seen a few problems in the past where I was
getting errors saying it was "unable to acquire processor" and then it would
crash. it always seemed to be doing heavy tape processing when this
occurred. If I brought the server up and immediately cancelled the tape
processing I was able to keep it running.
This time around it crashes even before I get a chance to issue any
commands.
Anyone have any Ideas?
Is there any way I can bring this server up in some sort of emergency mode
so I could do some troubleshooting until i get the ptfs to bring me to
v3.1.2?