ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.5, ADSM Server and 3494 w/ 3590 drives

1999-02-23 11:48:27
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.5, ADSM Server and 3494 w/ 3590 drives
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:48:27 -0700
You can boot -r, or for the non-boot attempt:

set _INIT_RECONFIGURE to some non-null value and then cd to /etc/init.d and
run

devlinks
drvconfig

optionally, do the following:

modinfo | grep IBMtape

note the number of module and then unload it:

modunload -i #

then reload the driver:

cd /usr/kernel
modload drv/IBMtape

Before you do any of these steps, remove all devlinks in /dev/rmt (when
you're trying to resolve this problem).

use prtconf to see if you are binding the tape devices to st (without
knowing it).  I recommend commenting out all stanzas in st.conf and let st
bind to nothing, and leave IBMtape.conf as it was installed (do not modify,
the extra overhead isn't a killer).

If the devices are connected and active and the driver was successfully
installed, wipe out /dev/rmt and do the modunload/modload after verifyng
the conf files.  m and n devices appearing in /dev/rmt means st is binding
to something (at least from my experience).

Thanks,

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

"Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM> on 02/23/99 08:32:00 AM