ADSM-L

two clients on one machine ...

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Subject: two clients on one machine ...
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Good day all ...

I am having a problem with scheduling two clients on one machine.  Here
is
the
situation:
We have an NT server in which we have a Lotus notes agent and a
ADSM client
installed.  We are trying to daily backup the Notes with the agent,
everything
other than the notes with the regular client, and would also like to backup
the
entire notes databases on the weekend by shutting down the database
and
backing
them (databases) up.
I have two nodes defined to adsm ... the nt node and a notes node.
I have one scheduler installed on the NT machine
I have 3 schedules ... they are all action=command ... they all call a
different .cmd file which changes the option (all 3 are different) file and
then
runs either dsmc i or dsmnotes incr depending ... two of the option files
list
the notes node as the node name and the other option file has the nt
node
name

The problem: when I run a manual backup (dsmc i) to backup everything
except
the
notes db's, the scheduled backup with the nt node name will run and the
other
two (which have the notes node names in them) will miss.  The same
happens
if I
run a manual dsmnotes incr, the two schedules that have the notes node
name
in
the option file will run, and the other will miss.

Is ADSM remembering the last associated node name with the one IP
address on
the
client?

thanks for any help ...