ADSM-L

ADSM Server 3.1.2.0 under AIX 4.3.1.0 [ Hanging problems ]

1999-02-19 10:22:11
Subject: ADSM Server 3.1.2.0 under AIX 4.3.1.0 [ Hanging problems ]
From: Othonas Xixis <Othonas_Xixis AT VFC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:22:11 -0500
I am having a problem with my ADSM Server hanging, once or twice a week, I am
not receiving any errors or problems reporting in any of log files, nothing to
indicate what is wrong !!!!. When I am trying to login [ # dsmadmc ], the adsm
login program starts, is asking for the Userid, it let me enter it and then RIP.
Nothing in the actlog, no entries from the time it hung (last night 00:32) till
the time I restarted (07:20) it again this morning.
When I kill the [ dsmserv ]  process, and restart it, it always comes up fine.
IBM, when I called support, they said that it might be the Shared Memory, well I
turned off Shared Memory and now I am working with TCP/IP all the way, but the
problem still occurs.

Does anyone of you had anything similar, any ideas in what and where should I
focus my investigation on.

Thanks in advance for yr input.

Othonas