ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: ADSM DB backups - how to expire?

1999-02-19 06:07:18
Subject: Re: Antwort: ADSM DB backups - how to expire?
From: Craig McAllister <Craig_McAllister AT EUROPE36.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:07:18 -0000
Sabine,
        As I undestand it, this simply deletes the DBB entries from the
Volume History file.
        I want to do something more subtle; I'm trying to change their
status from BACKUPFULL (ie. ADSM DB backup) to STGDELETE, so I can track
them as scratch tapes.
        This is quite important to me as I have a very small library, and
tape operations are time-intensive (Tapemonkey) jobs.

#Hy Craig,
#
#you can use this simple command to delete old DB-Backup-Volumes from the
#VOLUME History.
#
#
#delete volhist todate=today-8 type=dbbackup
#
#
#This Administrative-Schedule runs bevor the DB Backup each Day.
#
#
#
#With best regards
#
#Sabine Rettenberger
#
#Sabine.rettenberger AT wolf-heiztechnik DOT de