ADSM-L

Total confusion with Mac v3 client

1999-02-18 16:07:14
Subject: Total confusion with Mac v3 client
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:07:14 -0500
I'm just not cut out for this GUI stuff...

Have been trying to figure out how I'm going to get folks to
back up only reasonable bits of their Macs.  I'm surprised to
find that my GUI choices (backed up with Incremental(complete))
don't persist across invocations of the client - obviously I'm
not thinking about this correctly.

Is there a way that a user can make backup choices via the GUI
such that, once those files are backed up, subsequent backup
attempts can just look at those chosen items (i.e. the GUI choices
"stick")?

Thanks.  Pointers to TFM cheerfully accepted.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu