ADSM-L

ADSM NT & Storagetek 9714/dlt 7000

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Subject: ADSM NT & Storagetek 9714/dlt 7000
From: Michelle Olsen [mailto:MOLSEN2 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
ADSM 3.1.20 on Windows NT 4.0 Server
Storagetek 9714 w/ 4 DLT 7000 drives
We are having a delay (time out) problem between our ADSM server and the
We are having a delay (time out) problem between our ADSM server and the
robotics library.  Specifically, we are getting an I/O error on the any of
the drives when ADSM has "waited" long enough for the process or session to
iniate.  Eventually the robotics will load the correct tape and try to go
on, but the ADSM server has already reported a time out on the process
(ADSM will wait almost 2 mins).  IBM ADSM says it's a hardware issue and we
are currently trying to reach someone at Storagetek w/ ADSM experience.  In
the past (3 months ago), we've have Storagetek technicians come out and
look at the library, but everything ends up checking out fine.   We've had
a long running PMR open with IBM on this, so we were just wondered if any
of you could shed some light...   We've heard that NT 4.0 and dlt 7000's
don't get along very well... it that true for anyone else?

Thanks,
Michelle
 ADSM Administrator