ADSM-L

Re: remote install of ADSM

1999-02-16 17:48:23
Subject: Re: remote install of ADSM
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT VIC.BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:48:23 +1100
Hi Dough,

Maybe you can help me with my problem. I tested this silent install from a
windows 95 client.
My steps where,  install from a command prompt with the -r switch and then I
copied the response file to the shared installation directory of the NT
Server which contained the ADSM code.
When I run setup with the -s and the second time with -SMS the installation
only creates the backup client and the admin directory wirth a couple of
option files in it.
The response code in the log is  RC_INUSE  ERROR   12  The command  failed
because  the object to be operated  upon was in use
I tried a couple of times after uninstalling and rebooting the workstation
with the same result.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT vic.bigpond.net DOT au