ADSM-L

Re: Delete Filespace vs. Delete volume

1999-02-17 12:11:15
Subject: Re: Delete Filespace vs. Delete volume
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:11:15 -0600
The only real time savings I could see is, if you already know which volumes
a filespace resides on.  In most cases you don't know all the volumes that
have data for a specific filespace, but the database does.  Unless you have
your system configure in such a way that this is easily found, delete
filespace is the safest way.  Even if you have collocation by filespace set,
there will be tapes with more than one filespace on them.

Anthony Jones
Platform Technologist - ADSM Administrator
Koch Industries, Inc.
Cultivate trusted business partnerships by continuously improving the
delivery of cost-effective and measurable platform and network management
services.