ADSM-L

Started as SunOS vs. Solaris, changed to Solaris and 3494 Support

1999-02-16 10:31:44
Subject: Started as SunOS vs. Solaris, changed to Solaris and 3494 Support
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:31:44 -0500
The real question is SunOS 5.6 really the same as Solaris 2.6?

We are trying to make this guy work with a 3494/3590 tape robot.
Supposedly it does, but we are getting errors when configuring the
driver.  The error is:

Device file entry sbus@e,0/QLGC,isp@1,10000/IBMtape@5,0: stb has invalid
format -- ignoring.

So, we're not getting any of the Xstx special files in /dev/rmt/ that we
need.

We've ascretained we may require the stdd driver for this platform, or
that there is a patch we must apply.  We've been unable to locate patch
105867 for this OS.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly Lipp