ADSM-L

Solaris 2.5, ADSM Server and 3494 w/ 3590 drives

1999-02-15 21:30:04
Subject: Solaris 2.5, ADSM Server and 3494 w/ 3590 drives
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:30:04 -0700
Hey gang,

We're doing it again, paving the way, I'm afraid.  We've got a Solaris 5500
system, 6 SCSI adapters to six 3590s in a 3494.  We're having trouble
configuring the drives.  When we load the IBMtape driver, we're getting errors
similar to:

Device file entry sbus mumblefratz invalid format -- ignoring

And none of the sx special device files are getting created.

We've modified st.conf to make sure it isn't fighting for resources, but we are
getting a bunch of special files with m's and n's in them, but no sx devices.
Our IBMtape.conf file is simple, six stanzas without any of the special
parameters like sili, etc., in them.

We followed the directions in the book to the letter, but no luck.  A fiver to
the first correct answer!

TIA,

Kelly Lipp
lipp AT storsol DOT com

PS, if you're a Solaris dude with time on your hands on Tuesday, buzz me on the
phone.  I'll owe you!

719-531-5926