ADSM-L

Memory leak with Digital UNIX client scheduler?

1999-02-15 05:48:21
Subject: Memory leak with Digital UNIX client scheduler?
From: "GWDVMS::MOELLER" <moeller AT GWDVMS.DNET.GWDG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:48:21 +0100
On a number of Digital UNIX machines (various V4.0x flavors),
I see the virtual (and also the real) memory size of the ADSM
client (=scheduler) grow after *each* scheduled backup,
seemingly proportional to the number of files in the filespace,
on the order of 10MB per 200000 files.

"MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP = yes" somewhat reduces the memory
requirement after the _first_ backup, but otherwise makes
no essential difference.

Do others agree that there's a severe memory leak here?

Client version 3.1.0.6 (and maybe still 3.1.0.5 somewhere -
why can't the client piece nowhere tell me its version number?).

Wolfgang J. Moeller, Tel. +49 551 2011516 or -510, moeller AT gwdvms.dnet.gwdg
DOT de
GWDG, D-37077 Goettingen, F.R.Germany   |       Disclaimer: No claim intended!
<moeller AT decus.decus DOT de>  ----- <moeller AT gwdg DOT de>  -----
<w.moeller AT ieee DOT org>