ADSM-L

ABC V1.2 (VMS) crashes after password expiration?

1999-02-15 05:34:54
Subject: ABC V1.2 (VMS) crashes after password expiration?
From: "GWDVMS::MOELLER" <moeller AT GWDVMS.DNET.GWDG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:34:54 +0100
Running ABC (VMS ADSM client) V1.2 on VMS Alpha V7.1 since last November ...

Lately, the client password expired for the first time.
I only noticed this from ABC crashing with an access violation
(on any command, including SET PASSWORD).

I could not figure out any remedy but updating the password
on the server, moving the old (VMS) .PWD file out of the way,
and starting anew (after which I did receive MAIL telling me
about the new password just set manually - very helpful :-) ...

Do I miss something, or is this a known bug?

Wolfgang J. Moeller, Tel. +49 551 2011516 or -510, moeller AT gwdvms.dnet.gwdg
DOT de
GWDG, D-37077 Goettingen, F.R.Germany   |       Disclaimer: No claim intended!
<moeller AT decus.decus DOT de>  ----- <moeller AT gwdg DOT de>  -----
<w.moeller AT ieee DOT org>