ADSM-L

Re: partitioning large disk

1999-02-13 18:53:36
Subject: Re: partitioning large disk
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:53:36 -0600
     I allocate one storage pool volume per physical device.

     If you watch adsm work you'll see it treates its volumes similar to a
     raid array.  It will spread the work out over all its defined volumes.
      If you define multiple logical volumes on a single physical volume
     and you have limited activity on the system it is possible that all
     the activity will be directed to the/a single volume.  That is ADSM
     will think it is spreading the work out over devices (via spreading it
     out over volumes) when in fact it is going to a single physical
     device.

     later,
         DWight