ADSM-L

Re: Connect Agent for Exchange

1999-02-11 13:02:01
Subject: Re: Connect Agent for Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:02:01 -0500
Robert,

To date, we have not seen any confirmed corrupted Exchange
databases when backing up with the Exchange Agent
that were caused by the Exchange Agent itself.
We have seen some caused by disk I/O problems and
Exchange Server bugs that have been fixed in the Exchange
Server itself.  I do recommend that you apply all Microsoft
recommended Exchange Server HOTFIXES.

In many cases, the customer simply needed to restore
with the "Erase Existing" option and that cleared the problem.
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO USE THE DATABASE REPAIR TOOLS!

If you have seen actual corruption, we want to know about this.
If you see it, please call IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler