ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client install problem on Solaris

1999-02-10 14:16:19
Subject: Re: ADSM Client install problem on Solaris
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:16:19 -0500
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Deborah Strange wrote:
>    I am having problems installing the ADSM client on a Solaris machine
> without
> an /opt directory. Normally, the -R option will override the BASEDIR but it
> does
> not work with this install.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  Is there
> an
> ADSM override parameter that I can use when I issue the pkgadd command?

Just make a link pointing somewhere else.  For 3.1.03/3.1.06, the link
would be /opt/IBMadsm-c.  Or, simply tar it up from some other client, and
untar it wherever, and make a link in /opt

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,