ADSM-L

coexistence of b/a client, dfs b/a client, and SQL Backtrack

1999-02-10 10:20:36
Subject: coexistence of b/a client, dfs b/a client, and SQL Backtrack
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:20:36 -0500
The client is at version 3.1.20.6, with password access generate.  The old
node is AIX 4.1.5.  The new node is AIX 4.3.1.

Previously, I had a node that used the regular backup/archive client, the
dfs client, and SQL Backtrack for Oracle.  Under ADSM version 2, everything
worked fine.  For the dfs client I executed dsmcdfs, rather than rename it
and use the one common module for both dfs and jfs file systems.  The SQL
Backtrack client was removed from this node and ADSM was upgraded to version
3.  I discovered that if I alternated between dsmc and dsmcdfs I would be
prompted for the password.  I got around this by renaming dsmcdfs to be dsmc
and using the module for both dfs and jfs filesystems.

This weekend I moved the dfs backup client to another node.  This node also
contains a SQL Backtrack client.  The SQL Backtrack client gets the message:

[obsi/adsm 60600] obsi/adsm: ADSM: dsmInit failed: ANS1025E (RC137)  Session
rejected: Authentication failure

The explanation is that the user entered the wrong password.  I had the DBA
run SQL-Backtrack interactively and try to enter the password, but it
doesn't help.  He just gets the same message.

Does anyone know what the problem is?  Why did dsmc and dsmcdfs stop
coexisting with version 3?  Should I have the DBA call SQL-Backtrack
support?

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics
Systems Software