ADSM-L

Re: MOVE DATA - newbie question

1999-02-09 04:11:01
Subject: Re: MOVE DATA - newbie question
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:11:01 +0100
Hello Mihai,

You defined Your 3590 drive with mountl=1, if you have one drive. ADSM
will never request more drives than mountl, it will wait until it gets
one free to move the data from one tape to another, but - if you have
just one drive, how to move the data?

You will need an additional storage pool for reclamation. Maybe You can
add a large disk drive and define it as a disk pool. Now you can move
the data from tape to disk and back to tape or use it as an reclamation
stgp (which does the same, but automatically). I never used it because
I always had more than one drive, but it should work this way.

Using ADSM with not more than one drive and without disk pool - I don't
think this will work.

Regards
Roger