ADSM-L

FU: Automation of CHECKIN LIBV

1999-02-09 03:25:45
Subject: FU: Automation of CHECKIN LIBV
From: "Grendelman M. (Martijn)" <Martijn.Grendelman AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:25:45 +0100
Hi,

Thank you all for your reactions so far.

Some additional information: we use a 3575 library with 14 entry/exit ports.
The full command that we issue to checkin the tapes is: CHECKIN LIBV 3575lib
SEARCH=bulk CHECKLABEL=barcode STATUS=scratch. At this point, a request is
put out and a REPLY has to be given.

If I understand all of you correctly, all I would have to do would be to
change SEARCH=bulk to SEARCH=yes? What is the difference? I suppose
SEARCH=yes would cause the entire library to be checked, instead of just the
bulk station?

I'll give it a try this afternoon after the tapes are changed (please
correct me if I misunderstood).

Martijn.